Wednesday, 3 April 2013

A Day in Pieces by Carrie Lee Connel is now available!

 
 
 
 
 
A Day in Pieces by Carrie Lee Connel is now in stock!
To order, please visit the Books & Ordering page.


Here's a sample poem from A Day in Pieces:


Becoming Margaret Atwood

I read poetry to fill the time,
since my mind cannot grasp
more than elusive images
or incomplete thoughts.
These are universal truths
that a woman 28 years my senior
tattooed on paper 40 years ago.
And I understand
on a level deeper than words
my mother ever spoke.
I denied her existence
until forced to shred
the skin of verse
down to bone.
Now I can’t shake her.
What was once intangible
sits at my core:
an uncomfortable stone,
swallowed for safe keeping,
embedded in stomach lining.


(c) 2013 Carrie Lee Connel

No comments:

Post a Comment